It’s #medicinemonday! As a practicing Naturopath, Dr. Beatty has a few favourite go-to #remedies. Now take note, a few of these are perfect for summer time ailments
1. Tea tree oil: Melaleuca alternifolia – your broadspectrum antimicrobial. Great for sanitizing superficial wounds, and treating fungal skin irritations. You can even use it to clean your bathroom!
2. Apple cider vinegar: what doesn’t this common cooking ingredient do? A great summer time remedy for anything from heartburn to poison ivy!
3. Lanolin: a natural derivative from sheeps wool. Wonderful for protecting your skin from moisture loss. Safe and effective for chronic skin irritations like eczema and psoriasis.
4. Magnesium: such an important mineral, involved in most biochemical pathways. Used for anything from muscle tightness to high blood pressure.
5. Quercetin: A natural anti-histamine, without the side effects!
Dr. Jessica Beatty, BSc. ND
Naturopathic Doctor (MNA, OncANP)
Mondays: 1:00 pm – 8 pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm